If you are camping at the Wellingborough Show, could you email Sandra so that Wellingborough can reserve the pitches in a group.
Due to the forecast high temperatures, Agility training for 20th June has been cancelled.
The previously scheduled gridwork training will take place next week, 27th June.
Next week we will be holding gridwork training at your normal class time. This has been moved due to the cancellation of training on 20th June.
Please bring a silent toy, such as a cage ball, a raggy or a teddy, to be placed at the end of a line (not a squeaky toy).
Gridwork training is beneficial for teaching your dog the mechanics of jumping: improving drive, collection and extension, confidence and efficiency.
There will be no training next week during half term.
Thank you to those who helped on the ring at BATS on Sunday. Providing a ring party at a show is important because the arrangement is reciprocal: other clubs provide ring party at our show. If you’ve never been to a show before and want to help, other experienced members will show you what to do.
Ring Party for Wellingborough
1st – 2nd July
We are providing a ring party for Wellingborough. Please put “Letchworth DTC” in the box in the helping section of the entry form.
Training will resume on 9th May. There will be no training on 30th May due to half term week.
The next block payment will be £28.00 and will take us up to 25th July. We will then break up for the summer until September.
For this block there will be the following changes of class.
Moving to Class 3 (late session):
- Annette & Dexter
- Denise & Mabel
Moving to Class 4 (first session):
- Grace & Elsie
- Karen & Bryn
Moving to Class 6 (late session):
- Karen & Bella
1st, 2nd and 3rd September 2017
Our club show is fast approaching and we will be looking for as much help from club members as possible. The show can’t run without you. If you would like to get involved before or during the show, please contact Sandra.
The timetable is as follows:
- Tuesday 29th August – Wednesday 30th August: show preparation (setting up fencing, camping facilities, marking pitches etc.)
- Thursday 31st August: show preparation and competitors arrive (organise camping, set up rings)
- Friday 1st September – Saturday 2nd September: competition (help needed to run rings and in the kitchen and marquee)
- Sunday 3rd September: competition and show pack away
- Monday 4th September: show pack away
If you are able to spare some time to help run the show please offer help to Sandra (Show Secretary).
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never been to a show before, other people will show you what to do.
Letchworth members who help at our show get:
- One dog’s entries free
- Free VIP camping or day parking near the rings
- A packed lunch
- Dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Not For Competition Dogs
If you would like to come and help at the show and want to bring a dog with you who is not competing, you will need to enter your dog “Not For Competition”. Dogs must be at least 4 calendar months of age and must be registered with the Kennel Club: either on the Breed Register or the Activity Register.
- Print out a Letchworth entry form (below).
- Fill in your details as owner and the dog’s KC name, KC number, breed, date of birth and “NFC” in the Classes box.
- Provided you have sent off the form to register your dog on the Activity Register, you can still enter your dog in the show by putting NAF (name applied for) after your dog’s name.
- Sign the form and hand it in at the Secretary’s marquee at the show or to Sandra beforehand.
To register your dog on the Activity Register (for crossbreeds and pedigree dogs not on the Breed Register):
- Print out and complete Form 5 – Registration of a dog on the Activity Register
- The registration fee is £15
- The Kennel Club will send you an Activity Registration Certificate – this will include your dog’s Activity Name (KC name) and KC number
Schedule and Entry Form
The closing date for entries is 21st July 2017. Letchworth members get free camping and one dog’s entries, on the proviso that you help out at the show.
Please hand in paper entry forms at the club. There will also be a sheet at the club for Letchworth members to give details for camping.
6.30pm 4th April
We will be holding a fun competition night with timed courses. Could everybody arrive early to help set up the equipment.
Saturday 18th March
Agility Course Walking training day with guest trainer, Rhoda Burdett. Cost £15.00 per session, payable on the day.
Group 1 – 9.00am – 11.00am
Debbie & Loki
James & Filo
Julie & Tyke
Linsey & Penny
Group 2 – 11.30am – 1.30pm
David & Meg
James & Bryn
Kim & Bella
Lorraine & Shep
Mary & Ella
Group 3 – 2.30pm – 4.30pm
Denise & Mabel
Lisa & Kippeun
Owen & Meme
Sandra & Lexy
Steve & Noodles
Trudi & Filo
We made a donation to our 2016 charity, Luna Animal Rescue. Continue reading Annual Awards and Donation to Charity